Thursday, October 30, 2008

dramatic monologue


if John rode a horse this is who he'd be



Oh my fair Lenina!
Why must fate be so cruel
and cast us to opposite ends?
Why must you be the little 
strumpet that you are, you little whore?
One must walk the path of
righteousness  in order to fully
see the complexities of love. Oh hy
must love be so cruel? I feel passion
rising inside of my starting at my loins
and ending and the tipps of my ears. Every
part of me aches for you, all I want is
but a peck upon those succulent lips...
No! I must be strong, for you are a strumpet and not worthy. 
Alas! Why must I be so confused.
This Brave New world confound me to the point
of madness. Everywhere I turn all I see is bigotry
idolatry, promiscuousness, and idiocracy. Strumpets!
All the women here are strumpets I say and the men
no better. I have jumped from one kind
of hell to another. no one accepts me.
At the reservation, I stood, touched by God, alone.
Here, in this Brave New World,
I stand, touched by my birth, alone.
I have no one, now that Linda is in her 
self-induced "holiday". Pshht, what idiocracy is
this. This is not right! These pills, I ought to teach them of their addiction 
and cure them of their plague...
Oh so alone am I!
bernard is much to busy with his strumpets to
truly care of how I feel. how horrible
Bernard, I smite thee from those i feel as 
friends for no longer do you treat me as one.
"Sobs" Oh Lenina. If only I could let
you into my world, but you could never understand
my pain. You want me only for my body, I see
the lust within your eyes, you strumpet! My heart aches
for your love, my body aches for yours.
What shall I do?! Oh God I'm so alone...
could I just end it? Never, I must persevere,
But God it's so hard.
I'm so alone.

1 comment:

APLITghosts said...

Hi Phil - yes. this is an interesting photo. I think mainly that you just wanted to use the word 'strumpet" over and over again. Make sure that I pick you to play Othello when we start acting out in class. Remember too that the reason he is so angry at her is because he cannot stand being in love with her. - elmeer